Sunday, July 19, 2009

Muni Crash at West Portal

Yesterday, as I was leaving work a client came wanted to tan. She was sweet and said it's OK & she'll come back later. But I stayed longer and allowed her to tan anyways since she was already at the salon and it's was the least I could do. good karma coming... A little time went by and I was able to go home. I did what I usually do, walk up to Union & Van Ness got on the bus and got off at Van Ness Station to muni. It was a short wait then the L came. But before I went on I had second thoughts but I figured it was a sign the L came because I need to go to Safeway near Tavaral & 19th. It was a normal afternoon ride, not very crowd, made the usual stop then at Forest Hill station the driver inform us their was an incident at West Portal station and we had to wait about 15 minutes or so. A few moments went by, some people got off but I didn't think anything of it. I was almost home at West Portal. Then the driver suggests the incident is a little major and the train wasn't moving. Still I'm very calm because there was nothing pressing I had to do. Luckily, it was a short walk from Forest Hill to my house in West Portal. I was curious to find out what all the fuss in West Portal was. As my walked the station, I heard sirens and see tons of police cars, fire trunks & ambulance. People were everywhere and it was chaos. I walked closer and saw that two muni trips run into each other! It was the trains before mine. The crash was so frighten and the passengers from the trains getting medical attention looked horrified. So...... if I didn't stay later to tan the client, I would have been all those trains. And if I didn't get on the L train, I wouldn't be able to walk home from Forest Hill to West Portal. 48 people injured & 4 severely, I hope they are all OK & well.


What do you make of this?

1 comment:

  1. Omg! I totally thought of u this morning!! I was at the gym & look up at tbe screen & see on the bottom headline SF train crash! But missed the details. & I check your blog & see this! All i can say is wow!! And I'm so relieved to hear that you are ok! Crazy how things happen. You truly have an angel watching over u. My prayers are with the victims.

    ReplyDelete